The MSE test system allows a very good quantification by physical variables of coating strength evaluation of thin films. Moreover not only individual surfaces and layers can be analysed but the coating strength of each layer of a multi-layer system can be measured. This is possible with hard coatings on top of soft layers as well as soft coatings on top of hard layers.
1. Continuous measurement of the distribution of coating strength from surface into depth
2. Coating strength measurement soft layers as well as hard layers, regardless of the characteristics of the substrate
3. Measurement of coating strength of each individual layer of multi-layers
4. Determination of coating thickness of thin films which are difficult to measure or not measurable with other thickness measurement methods.
5. The resolution of MSE Test is 20nm. Many applications where surface und/or coating strength were so far not measurable can now be evaluated by the MSE Test.
Evaluation of Thin Films without damaging the substrate
Evaluation of very soft (rubber) and ultra hard materials (diamont layer coatings)
Continuous measurement of coating strength and coating thicknes of multi-layers
High resolution evaluation (20nm resolution) even of very hard materials
Low time consumption
Improvement of quality control in manufacturing processes
Surface and Coating Strength Measurement